Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday update

I finished a painting yesterday and feel pretty good about it. The New River bridge turned out just as I envisioned it. The small farmhouse set near it makes me feel good. Even better, though, is the oil I completed of the 4 Mount Rushmore presidents. This painting shows the impact these 4 men have had on our country through my representation of what they have brought to our government and people. From Congress to farming to education-these 4 men have helped our country develop as it has. It felt good to start with the Mt. Rushmore monument and let my imagination soar from there.

Sometimes it doesn't seem real that my oils only take about 2-3 hours to complete. It feels like the paintbrush moves by itself somedays. I usually only use one brush and my palette is a mixture of oils running into each other. The blending techniques I use may not be classically correct but they sure seem to work for me!

No comments: